Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Preparing for Halloween with some Easy and Delicious Recipes!

Thursday is Halloween!!!  My favorite holiday next to Christmas!  We have been preparing for a gathering at our home to celebrate and what fun it has been.  My handsome husband and our good friend built the most perfect fire pit and we are putting it to good use Thursday evening.


I have been scowering Pinterest, (crack for the eyes) to find an apple cider punch, pumpkin cake, and appetizer recipes.  After my eyes started to strain and felt like they were going to bug out of my head I came upon what I think are some easy, and look to be delicious recipes. I love making things look pretty and even more so tasty, but too many steps at this point in my life do not fit in like they use to.  So here are some of what I found.  Wish me luck and hope they turn out well, stay tuned.....!

 
Apple Cider Punch
750ml bottle of spiced rum
1 cup orange juice
1 cup lemon juice-fresh sqeezed
1 cup spiced syrup
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 1/2 cups prosecco or dry champagne
cinnamon sticks and apples for garnish
1 large punch bowl

Pumpkin Cake in Bunt Pan
1 box spice cake mix-
1 can 100% Libby Pumpkin
Grease and lightly flour bunt pan
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes
Icing to Drizzle over top: 1/4 cup melted butter, 1 1/4 cup speeders sugar, 1 tsp of vanilla, 3-4 Tbs milk.  Stir until mixed well and lightly drizzle over cool cake. 


No comments:

Post a Comment